The training will take place on Tuesday 3rd September 10am-noon at the Pulteney Centre in Wick.
This event, delivered by Volunteer Scotland will provide you with the opportunity to discuss the PVG Disclosure Bill in greater detail. The Disclosure (Scotland) Bill sets out ways to make the disclosure process simpler and easier to understand.
Some of the proposals in the bill include:
- issuing all disclosures under one act
- reducing the number of disclosure products
- using digital services to make employment checks quicker and reduce the burden on employers and applicants
- extra clarity on who qualifies for the PVG Scheme
- giving applicants more control over their disclosure data
- more fair and transparent review processes
It also proposes to make vulnerable groups safer by:
- requiring everyone who works with vulnerable groups to become a member of the PVG Scheme
- giving more powers to Police Scotland, and more referral powers to local authorities and Health and Social Care partnerships
- giving more focus on the people who have actual power over children and protected adults, rather than using their job title to decide whether they need to become a member
- This training is free, to book a space contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 01955603453