Covid-19 Self-Isolation Support Grant
The Scottish Government has announced a new Covid-19 Self-Isolation Support Grant for individuals who are in receipt of low-income benefits and who will lose income as a result of being required to self-isolate to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The Grant is also available for people with No Recourse to Public Funds under Public Health Regulations.
If you have been asked by NHS Test and Protect Service to self-isolate on or after 28th September 2020, either because you have tested positive for Covid-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to a £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant.
Applications can be made each time you or anyone within your household have been asked to self-isolate by the NHS Test and Protect Service.
People in the same household can each make an individual application to receive the payment, if they each meet the eligible criteria.
This scheme will end on 31 March 2021.
Who is eligible?
People who are 16 or over, live in the Highland Council area and have received notification from NHS Test and Protect Service to self-isolate will be entitled to a £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant if they meet all the following requirements:
- Have been required by the Test and Protect Service to self-isolate as a result of COVID-19, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus, have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive or are awaiting a test result & you have granted permission for the Test and Protect Service to share this data with the Local Authority
- are employed or self-employed
- are unable to work from home and will experience reduced earnings as a result and
- are currently receiving or has been awarded but not yet received a payment of:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit and/or
- Pension Credit
- You may also be eligible for the grant if you are on a low income and have No Recourse to Public Funds.
How to apply
Contact our Scottish Welfare Fund Team on 0800 083 1887 or the Welfare Support Team on 0800 090 1004.