If you are a parent, grandparent or have parenting experience, if you would like to make a difference to the lives of young families in Caithness then please click on the link below to find out more.
Tesco Community Grants support local good causes that help support children and families. Examples of eligible applications with a focus on supporting children and families could be;
- a local school needing food for a children’s breakfast club,
- a voluntary organisation working with families to run holiday clubs,
- a charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health,
- a brownie or scout group needing new tents,
- or a youth sports club needing new equipment,
- a family advice centre wanting to recruit more volunteers,
- or a local friends of a park group wanting to develop a new toddler area
For full guidance on how to apply go to Tesco Community Grants
Caithness Voluntary Group has recently secured funding to employ a support officer (12 months) the post is for 4 days per week 28 hours. Salary £20,000. This is an exciting opportunity to support five local community Development Trusts in Caithness. Successful candidate will be expected to work from home initially, hopefully this will then be office based in CVG office Telford House, Wick.
The local Development Trusts are Wick, Sinclairs Bay, John O’ Groats, Thrumster and Dunbeath and Berridale, There will also be some working with the community in the Lybster Community Council Area. This post will be supported with some coordinator hours from CVG. For full details click on link below. Please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com closing date 2nd May 2021
Below is a link for up to date village Hall guidance issued in England, dates may vary from Scotland but the guidance on reopening up safely is the same.