SUEZ Communities Trust
The SUEZ Trust is currently accepting applications from not-for-profit organisations in Scotland. The application process is now operated through a two-stage process via an online application system. Stage One applications can be submitted at any time and will include a short eligibility check and brief questions about the project. Successful applicants will be invited to submit a Stage Two application within 12 weeks. Grants are available for the following types of projects:
• Land Reclamation (Object A) – the reclamation, remediation, restoration or other operation on land to facilitate economic, social or environmental use.
• Community Recycling (Object B) – community based recycling, re-use and waste prevention projects.
• Public Amenities (Object C) – to provide, maintain or improve a public park or other public amenity.
• Biodiversity (Object D) – the conservation or promotion of biological diversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of a natural habitat or the maintenance or recovery of a species in its natural habitat.
• Historic Buildings (Object E) – the maintenance, repair or restoration of a building, other structure or a site of archaeological interest which is a place of religious worship, or a site of historic or architectural or archaeological interest and is open to the public.
Applications can be made to the:
• Primary Fund for grants of up to £50,000, as long as the project has an overall cost of less than £100,000.
• Smaller Project Fund for grants of up to £20,000 as long as the project has an overall cost of less than £20,000.
This funding is open to organisations that are run on a not-for-profit basis in Scotland. This could include voluntary organisations, community groups, parish councils, charities, community interest companies, sports clubs, community associations and local authorities. Organisations must own or hold a lease for the project site with at least 10 years remaining. Projects applying for Public Amenity, Biodiversity or Historic Building funding must be on a site that is in the vicinity of a landfill site or transfer station.
Stage One applications may be submitted at any time http://www.suezcommunitiestrust.org.uk/scotland
SUEZ Communities Trust