Director Vacancy – Application Deadline: Monday 24th July 2017.
The Caithness & North Sutherland Fund Board is seeking applications from enthusiastic individuals with a passion for our communities to fill two vacancies on its Board of Directors which has come about as a result of scheduled retirements at our 2017 AGM. The director role is a voluntary position.
The Caithness & North Sutherland Fund (CNSFund) is a community fund established by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and Dounreay Site Restoration Ltd to distribute a £4M funding package to community projects that will increase the attractiveness of Caithness & North Sutherland as a place to live, work and invest.
As a Director you will be responsible to ensure that the CNSFund complies with its objectives and governing document as well as all relevant legislation and regulations. You will also become a member of the Fund’s Assessment Committee which holds quarterly meetings and will use your skills and experience to assist the Fund deliver its aims for the benefit of people living in the Dounreay travel to work area. Currently, the CNSFund board and assessment meetings are usually held on Friday afternoons in Thurso to take into account the geographic spread of its members. Therefore in terms of time commitment, there are usually around four afternoon meetings each year as well as email correspondence where board approvals are required.
We are particularly interested in attracting candidates with the following attributes:
- Good knowledge of the community/voluntary/charity sectors.
- Good knowledge of the needs of our communities.
- Good understanding of finance and governance.
- Be able and willing to commit the necessary time and effort.
To be eligible, individuals must be over the age of 18 who:
- are ordinary resident within the CNSFund ‘Dounreay travel to work area.
- are entitled to vote at a local government election at a polling district that includes the Dounreay travel to work area or part of it.
- supports the purpose of the Caithness & North Sutherland Fund.
In order to best maintain a geographic balance on its board of directors, candidates from both the West Caithness area and North Sutherland area are being particularly encouraged to come forward to fill the vacancies.
For further information or to apply, please contact the Fund Coordinator:
Tel: 07841 204 982